Propane tanks explode in shop fire, structure destroyed
Stearns County Sheriff’s Office
A business in Fairhaven Township is “totaled” after it caught fire on Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office, an emergency call was received at around 12:30 p.m. that a large store at 17614 33rd Ave. was on fire.
The caller stated that there were welding equipment and oxygen tanks in the workshop.
Upon arrival, officials found that the shop was completely on fire, with oxygen and propane tanks exploding. The fire was extinguished, a man who was on site was treated for smoke inhalation and released.
The man said he was working on a deer stand and grinding metal in the shop. He went to lunch and soon after saw the fire.
According to the police, the fire was said to have started from the man who carried out metalwork.
The South Haven Fire Department, St. Augusta Fire, Clearwater Fire and Mayo Ambulance were also deployed to the scene.
Follow Bring Me The News on Facebook