More heat expected as the tropics remain very active

(KSLA) – The temperature here at home will stay very hot. However, a slight cool down is underway this weekend. It gets a little hotter in the tropics with three areas to watch.

This evening will be very hot. Especially before sunset. Temperatures will be in the 90s with mostly sunny skies. There may be a few clouds in the sky at times, but I don’t expect rain. It was supposed to be a nice and quiet evening, apart from the heat.

It is mostly clear to partly cloudy overnight. I don’t expect rain so we’ll stay nice and dry all night. Temperatures will be warm and muggy and only cool down until the mid to late 1970s. Wednesday is sure to be a warm start to the day.

Wednesday will also be very hot with temperatures close to 100. It may not be quite as hot as Tuesday, but it is still hot. Look for more sunshine to make it a nice day, but will add to the heat. I expect another heat warning to be issued as well. The low 10% chance of rain that I included in the forecast won’t be enough to cool the temperatures down. Most areas will stay dry anyway.

Thursday and Friday it will be a little cooler. It will heat up by the mid 90s so it will still be hot. There will be a bit more cloud cover with maybe a few short showers. Hence the temperature will not be that hot. I wouldn’t rely on rain for your location, however.

There will be more of them next weekend. However, it shouldn’t be that hot. I don’t expect much, if any, rain. As of now, I have a 20 percent chance of a quick shower. If you’re planning on doing something outdoors, you should be good to go. If any changes occur, we will be your first notification to let you know. Temperatures will heat up to the lower to mid 1990s. Still hot, yeah, but at least it’s not nearly three digits!

In the tropics, we see three potential areas of development. The first is in the Caribbean and has a 60% chance of development. There is a chance this could get into the Gulf of Mexico, but something has to form first, then we’ll see where it goes. We will take a very close look at this. The second and third areas are in the Atlantic Ocean and remain in open water. One tropical wave has up to a 70% chance of developing, while the other is only up to 30%. As soon as it forms in the tropics, we are your first alert with all the details.

Have a great Tuesday and a nice rest of the week.

Copyright 2021 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Comments are closed.